Thomas Safety Solutions Inc. of Amarillo Texas 806-735-SAFE(7233)
OSHA 30 Hour General Industry Safety and Health Course
The OSHA 30 hour program was originally developed by the U.S. Department of Labor to provide a variety of training to front-line workers, supervisors, managers and other personnel responsible for daily work activities with an awareness of safety and health concerns in the general industry. It is recognized by companies across the United States and is intended to provide instruction on a variety of general industry safety and health standards to people with some safety responsibility. Participants will review OSHA policies, procedures, and standards; general industry safety and health principles; as well as information that prepares them to recognize and control a variety of hazardous conditions.
The participant should be able to describe the Occupational Safety and Health Act, 29 CFR 1910; Identify the common causes of accidents and fatalities in hazardous areas of work operations and Identify abatement techniques for hazards found in general industry.
Introduction to OSHA, OSH Act of 1970 (required)
General Duty Clause (required)
Inspections, Citations and Penalties (required)
OSHA updates 2012
Record keeping and Reporting; Part 1904 (required)
Subpart I – Personal Protection Equipment (required)
Subpart Z – Hazard Communication (required)
Subpart D - Walking and Work Surfaces (required, includes Fall Protection)
Subpart S - Electrical (required)
Subpart E – Exit Routes, Emergency Action Plans & Fire Prevention Plans (required)
Subpart N - Materials Handling (required)
Subpart L – Fire Protection *
Subpart O – Machine Guarding *
Subpart J – Lockout-Tagout *
Subpart H – Hazardous Materials *
Subpart L – Fire Protection *
Subpart J – Permit-Required Confined Spaces *
Introduction to Combustible Dust *
Hearing Conservation Basics
Managing Safety and Health
Hazard Violation Workshop
* - These topics are electives and may be substituted and customized for your specific needs
What is included with each 30 Hour Training Course?
- OSHA 30-Hour General Industry Safety and Health Course;
- 30-Hour General Industry Workbook;
- 30-Hour completion certificate from Thomas Safety Solutions, Inc.;
- 30-Hour completion card from the US DOL, OSHA;
- Participants may apply for CEU's to be awarded at the completion of Course.
We require each participant to bring a current copy of the 29 CFR General Industry Standards with them. The Course is also offered with the 29 CFR General Industry Standards at an additional rate.
Total Hours: 30 Hours
There is an exam at the end of this Course, which requires a minimum score of 70% or better to pass. Upon successful Course completion, participants will receive a certificate from Thomas Safety Solutions, Inc. and an OSHA General Industry Safety and Health 30-Hour Course Completion Card from the US Department of Labor-OSHA. Call for pricing, specific topics needed, or if you need special scheduling.
On-Site Course Registration Form
- Behavior-Based Safety, How it affects your bottom-line
- New rules and changes in OSHA standards
- Smart ways to prevent accidents from happening
- Understanding the basics of OSHA Standards
- Tips for using proactive safety checklists and audit tools
- Training managers and employees on safety essentials
- Boost safety-training effectiveness immediately
- How to prepare for an OSHA site visit
- The Inspection Process
- Violations and Penalties
- Contesting Inspection Results
- And much, much more!
Be sure to check out all of our other safety and health training, including our 10 Hour OSHA training, Fall Protection Competent Person, Scaffold Competent Person, Excavation Competent Person, Qualified Rigging, Qualified Crane Signaling, and more.
Thomas Safety Solutions provides services in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Kentucky, West Virginia, Indiana, Illinois, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Alabama, Louisiana, and Texas.