Thomas Safety Solutions Inc. 866-735-SAFE(7233)
OSHA 30 Hour Construction Safety and Health Course
The OSHA 30 hour program was originally developed by the U.S. Department of Labor to provide construction workers, supervisors and other personnel responsible for construction activities with an awareness of construction safety and health concerns in the construction industry. It is recognized by the construction industry and is intended to provide instruction on a variety of construction industry safety and health standards to people with some safety responsibility. Participants will review OSHA policies, procedures, and standards; construction safety and health principles; as well as information that prepares them to recognize and control a variety of hazardous conditions.
The participant should be able to describe the Occupational Safety and Health Act, 29 CFR 1926; Identify the common causes of accidents and fatalities in hazardous areas of construction and Identify abatement techniques for hazards found in construction.
Introduction to OSHA, OSH Act of 1970 & Subpart C (required), Including:
General Duty Clause (required)
Recordkeeping basics; Part 1904 (required)
Inspections, Citations and Penalties (required)
OSHA updates 2012
OSHA Focus Four Hazards (required)
Subpart E – Personal Protection Equipment (required)
Subpart D – Health Hazards in Construction and Hazard Communication (required)
Subpart X - Stairways and Ladders (required)
Subpart K - Electrical (required)
Subpart M - Fall Protection (required)
Subpart P – Excavations (includes caught-in-between hazards)
Subpart L – Scaffolding (includes struck-by hazards)
Subpart H - Materials Handling, Storage, Use and Disposal *
Subpart I – Tools – Hand & Power *
Subpart CC – Cranes and Derricks *
Subpart F – Fire Protection and Prevention *
29 CFR 1926.453 – Aerial Lifts *
Job Safety Analysis (JSA)*
Safety and Health Management Systems
Case Study Workshop
* - These topics are electives and may be substituted and customized for your specific needs
What is included with each 30 Hour Training Course?
- OSHA 30-Hour Construction Industry Safety and Health Course;
- 30-Hour Construction Industry Workbook;
- 30-Hour completion certificate from Thomas Safety Solutions, Inc.;
- 30-Hour completion card from the US DOL, OSHA;
- Participants may apply for CEU's to be awarded at the completion of Course.
We require each participant to bring a current copy of the 29 CFR Construction Industry Standards with them. The Course is also offered with the 29 CFR Construction Industry Standards at an additional rate.
Total Hours: 30 Hours
There is an exam at the end of this Course, which requires a minimum score of 70% or better to pass. Upon successful Course completion, participants will receive a certificate from Thomas Safety Solutions, Inc. and an OSHA Construction Safety and Health 30-Hour Course Completion Card from the US Department of Labor-OSHA. Call for pricing, specific topics needed, or if you need special scheduling.
On-Site Course Registration Form
- Behavior-Based Safety, How it affects your bottom-line
- New rules and changes in OSHA standards
- Smart ways to prevent accidents from happening
- Understanding the basics of OSHA Standards
- Tips for using proactive safety checklists and audit tools
- Training managers and employees on safety essentials
- Boost safety-training effectiveness immediately
- How to prepare for an OSHA site visit
- The Inspection Process
- Violations and Penalties
- Contesting Inspection Results
- And much, much more!
Be sure to check out all of our other safety and health training, including our 10 Hour OSHA training, Fall Protection Competent Person, Scaffold Competent Person, Excavation Competent Person, Qualified Rigging, Qualified Crane Signaling, and more.
Thomas Safety Solutions provides services in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Kentucky, West Virginia, Indiana, Illinois, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Alabama, Louisiana, and Texas. OSHA 30